Driver's License Requirements
Driver's licenses which permit driving of automobiles in Japan are as follows.
Japanese Driver's License
Driver's license of each domestic Public Safety Commission publication.
Foreign driver's licenses
Foreign driver's license of a target country and the local (five countries and Taiwan of the Swiss Confederation, the Federal Republic of Germany, the French Republic, the Kingdom of Belgium, the Principality of Monaco) publication
* The simultaneous presentation of a Japanese translated sentence and the passport is necessary.
* The Japanese translated need to be published based on application on person by embassy, consulate of each country in Japan or JAF
* Taiwan need translated sentence by JAF or East Asia-related association of Formosa.
* Germany need translated sentence by JAF or German Automobile Federation (ADAC).
* Terms of validity of driving in Japan is within the period of foreign driver's license and a year date from land to Japan( confirmation by a seal of landing date to Japan of passport)
International driving permit
In Geneva Convention (1949) contracting parties, it is an international driver's license of the publication (except Japan)
* The simultaneous presentation of the passport is necessary.
* The driving in the international driver's license acquired at Paris Convention (1926), Washington Convention (1943), Vienna Convention (1968) member nation is not accepted in Japan.
* expiration of international driver's license is within a year from publication(confirmation necessary ) and expiration of driver's license of Japan is within a year date from landing to Japan (confirmation by a seal of landing date to Japan of passport)
* But date of re-entry can't be the date of landing(expiration reckon in Japan) when one recorded by Japanese Basic Resident Register enters again within a period less than three month * The effectiveness to let you drive in Japan is effective (you must confirm an issue date) for one year from an issue date. It is confirmed by an entry stamp, and indicates an entry date to Japan (from a year in passport)
However, the person who leave Japan within under three months; re-input country Basic Resident Register afterwards operate qualification in Japan (it is not necessary considered to be the starting date).
If the documents like the contractor are not prepared, all one cannot run.
When there is documents deficiency, we cannot loan by any reason.
In that case, please be careful enough because there is the case that a cancellation rate according to agreement produces.
|List of parties to the Geneva Conventions|
|Europe State||United Kingdom||Asia||Philippines|
|Kingdom of Spain||Middle East||Turkey|
|Ireland||United Arab Emirates|
|Hungary||Africa State||South Africa|
|Romania||Central African Republic|
|Monaco||Democratic Republic of the congo|
|Republic of Lithuania||Niger|
|Republic of Croatia||Rwanda|
|Principality of Liechtenstein||Senegal|
|Paraguay||administrative district||Hong Kong|
|Dominican Republic||French Overseas Territories|
|Trinidad and Tobago||Saint Martin|
|Jamaica||Isle of Man|
|Papua New Guinea||Territories of the United States|